"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
-James 1:27

Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Getting Ready...

I am 13 days away from flying out for Uganda.  I am so beyond excited!! :)

I have always been passionate about children, especially children who are below the poverty level, or who come from broken homes.  When I was little, I always said that I wanted to be a missionary when I grew up.  It absolutely broke my heart every time I heard about kids who didn't have parents, food, water, etc.  But it broke my heart even more to think about them not knowing Jesus. 

For those of you who don't know, I will be spending about seven weeks in Uganda, at an orphanage called Raising Up Hope.  I will be spending time with the orphans who live there, spending time with former street children at the Safe House, doing street ministry, and doing village outreach.

I am so thankful that God has given me the opportunity to go and serve him in this way.  I am so humbled that he would even want to use me to tell others about himself.  I hope and pray that the next two months (and the rest of my life) will be all about him, and that he would be glorified in every situation.  I don't want this trip to be about me.  Though I know I will have many stories to tell and hundreds of pictures to show, I don't want this to be about me "feeling good about myself."  I also don't want to go into this trip with the mentality that I know best or that I am going to teach someone something that they don't know yet.  I hope that I can be a learner, and I hope that God, not myself, is glorified with every person that I come in contact with, and with every person who reads this blog.

Please be praying that God will get the glory out of this trip.  Pray that his will will be done, no matter what the cost.

Thank you to anyone who has supported me financially or by praying.  Thank you for allowing God to lead you to give or to pray so that one more of his followers can do work for his kingdom.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment